- 1 What is National Programme for the Health Care of elderly?
- 2 When was the Nphce approved by the Ministry of Finance?
- 3 Which Programme is for the elderly population in India?
- 4 What are the objectives of Nphce?
- 5 Which of the following is a Programme for the benefit of the elderly?
- 6 What is national health Programme?
- 7 What is the full form of Nphce?
- 8 What are the functions of PHC?
- 9 Which is best scheme for senior citizens?
- 10 Who are the elderly in India?
- 11 Do senior citizens get money from government?
- 12 What is Senior Citizen Welfare Fund?
- 13 What is National family Welfare Programme?
- 14 How many elderly are there in India?
What is National Programme for the Health Care of elderly?
The National Programme for Health Care of the Elderly (NPHCE) is an articulation of the International and national commitments of the Government as envisaged under the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), National Policy on Older Persons (NPOP) adopted by the Government of India in 1999
When was the Nphce approved by the Ministry of Finance?
In 2010, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched the NPHCE under the 11th Five Year Plan with the aim of providing affordable and accessible quality health services for people above the age of 60.
Which Programme is for the elderly population in India?
National Programme for the Health Care of the Elderly (NPHCE): An approach towards active and healthy ageing. Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
What are the objectives of Nphce?
Specific Objectives of NPHCE are: To build capacity of the medical and paramedical professionals as well asthe care-takers within the family for providing health care to the elderly. Convergence with National Rural Health Mission, AYUSH and other linedepartments like Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Which of the following is a Programme for the benefit of the elderly?
Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Scheme.
What is national health Programme?
NATIONAL HEALTH PROGRAMMES INTRODUCTION: National health programme which have been launched by the central government for the control or eradication of communicable diseases, improvement of environmental sanitation, raising the standard of nutrition, control of population and improving rural health.
What is the full form of Nphce?
National Programme for healthcare of Elderly (NPHCE)
What are the functions of PHC?
Primary Health Centre (India)
- Provision of medical care.
- Maternal-child health including family planning.
- Safe water supply and basic sanitation.
- Prevention and control of locally endemic diseases.
- Collection and reporting of vital statistics.
- Education about health.
- National health programmes, as relevant.
- Referral services.
Which is best scheme for senior citizens?
Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) Not only is the rate of interest offered on this scheme comparatively higher than that of the regular savings and fixed deposit bank accounts, but you also get tax benefits up to Rs 1.5 lakh per year under Section 80C of the IT Act, 1961.
Who are the elderly in India?
Government of India adopted ‘National Policy on Older Persons’ in January, 1999. The policy defines ‘senior citizen’ or ‘elderly’ as a person who is of age 60 years or above.
Do senior citizens get money from government?
The Age Pension is the main income support payment for people who have reached pension age. To get the Age Pension, you’ll need to be the qualifying age or older, and meet residency rules.
What is Senior Citizen Welfare Fund?
The Senior Citizen Welfare Fund (SCWF) is a fund which provides financial support to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category senior citizens. It was introduced by the Government of India to help senior citizens who do not have any means of livelihood. The SCWF was instituted by the Finance Act, 2015.
What is National family Welfare Programme?
In 1952, India launched the world’s first national programme emphasizing family planning to the extent necessary for reducing birth rates “to stabilize the population at a level consistent with the requirement of national economy”.
How many elderly are there in India?
According to Population Census 2011 there are nearly 104 million elderly persons (aged 60 years or above) in India; 53 million females and 51 million males. A report released by the United Nations Population Fund and HelpAge India suggests that the number of elderly persons is expected to grow to 173 million by 2026.